Coleshill, Birmingham (Head Office)
Up to £80,000 per annum, Dependent on Experience
25 days holiday, Pension, Life Assurance
As part of the Company Life Assurance, our employees are entitled to participate in an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). This is a virtual benefit service which connects our Employees to third party specialists who can help to manage their health and wellbeing and that of their family. In addition to the EAP the service includes:
- Remote access to a UK based GP
- 2nd Opinion consultations
- Mental health assessments and physiotherapy.
The Trakm8 Group is a market leader in the fast-growing vehicle telematics market sector. Based in Coleshill and other UK locations but with a global marketplace, Trakm8 is well placed to take advantage of current market opportunities. Increased fuel costs, reduction in operating costs and numerous employment laws such as duty of care are all driving increased interest in our products and services. Accordingly, we are looking for an experienced lawyer reporting to our Chief Financial Officer based in our head office in Coleshill, West Midlands.
Ideally you will be a qualified lawyer with a working knowledge of IT and software contracts. Whilst this role is based in our Coleshill head office, we are willing to consider flexible working in terms of location, time commitment and responsibilities for the right candidate.
Main Responsibilities of the role:
- Draft and review commercial agreements with customers and suppliers and support the sales team in negotiating new contracts.
- Draft, maintain and own standard documentation/precedents including terms and conditions of sale and purchase, and draft or update policies (in conjunction with other departments such as HR) as/when the need arises.
- Provide legal support to the business in ensuring the business fulfils its obligations under GDPR and other compliance-related requirements in conjunction with the quality and compliance director.
- Advise on operational legal issues, such as terms of trade, branding, IPR, competition law, employment law, acquisitions, and mergers as they arise.
- Provide support to the Board and Company Secretary on compliance including in relation to the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), London Stock Exchange (LSE), Companies Act, FCA requirements and Market Abuse Regulations.
- Review Press Release texts, including those issued through the Regulatory News Service (RNS) or through internal channels.
- Ensure compliance and appropriate reporting as required under its consumer credit license with the FCA.
- Provide general legal support to the business in relation to any other matters that may arise.
- Degree level education
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Business acumen
- Diplomacy and confidentiality traits
- Reasonable MS literacy
- Relevant experience in similar in-house role in the commercial sector
- Ability to work independently as required
- LPC qualification/experience
- Qualified lawyer with current Practising Certificate (or eligible to hold a practising certificate under SRA rules)
- Relevant industry sector experience
- Sound interpersonal skills
This role requires screening in the below areas:
- 2 years of satisfactory Employment/Education References
- Pre-Employment Credit Check
- Basic Disclosure
Applicants should be enthusiastic, determined and team players. Please complete the form below, or send your letter of application with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Trakm8 Limited, 4 Roman Park, Roman Way, Coleshill, Birmingham, West Midlands, B46 1HG