Negotiable Dependent on Experience
25 days holiday, Pension, life Assurance
Trakm8 holdings group PLC is a market leader in the fast growing vehicle telematics market sector. Headquartered in Coleshill with offices in other UK locations but with a global marketplace Trakm8 is well placed to take advantage of current market opportunities.
Increased fuel costs, reduction in operating costs and numerous employment laws such as Duty of Care are all driving increased interest in our products and services driving us to further develop our product capabilities. As such we are now looking for a Computer Science; Software Engineering Graduate who has keen interests/hobbies in Internet of Things, robotics or other Linux based gadgetry, to join our camera development team based in Shaftsbury, to support the design and development of state of the art machine vision vehicle camera systems. This is a great and exciting opportunity to join our UK based team of development experts.
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- Full lifecycle firmware/software development for connected cameras and devices;
- Participation in daily/weekly scrum meetings as well as regular Team meetings
- Provide documentation on all software developed;
- Propose and implement fixes for product issues;
- Providing support to the test team during testing phases;
- Input to specification process to ensure requirements implementable;
- Input to project management planning / reporting process;
- Providing support to customer services team as necessary;
- Provision of internal product training to team members as required.
- Graduate in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar;
- Exposure to the software development lifecycle to ideally include business analysis;
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle;
- Experience of embedded Linux, ideally Ubuntu or Debian based distributions;
- Experience of working with / administering Linux;
- Demonstrable interest in Internet Of Things, Robotics or other device based projects;
- Competent user of Microsoft office;
- Fantastic team player happy to work as part of a larger global team;
- Well organised and capable of prioritising workload.
This role requires screening in the below areas:
- 2 years of satisfactory Employment/Education References
Applicants should be enthusiastic, determined and team players. Please complete the form below, or send your letter of application with your CV to: email@example.com or by post to: Trakm8 Limited, 4 Roman Park, Roman Way, Coleshill, Birmingham, West Midlands, B46 1HG