Coleshill, Birmingham (Head Office)
Negotiable Dependent on Experience
25 days holiday, Pension, life assurance
Trakm8 is a market leader in the fast-growing vehicle telematics market sector. Based in Coleshill and other UK locations but with a global marketplace Trakm8 is well placed to take advantage of current market opportunities. Increased fuel costs, reduction in operating costs and numerous employment laws such as Duty of Care are all driving increased interest in our products and services. With our own on-site manufacturing facility, we can offer our customers the end-to-end service, from Production to Sale, and as such we now have an opening for an experienced Product Approvals Engineer to join our established Operations team here at our Head office in Coleshill on a full time, permanent basis.
Main Responsibilities of the role:
- To manage the product approval process for all Trakm8 products
- To produce and maintain associated Technical Construction Files (TCF)
- To work with other departments in the Company to ensure that the final products are safe, reliable and meet customer expectations whilst ensuring that the manufacturing process is as effective and cost-efficient as possible.
- To work with suppliers to ensure raw materials and component parts meet the company quality standards and have the necessary product approvals and compliancy evidence.
- To work with the Manufacturing teams to ensure that equipment and process follow pre-determined quality standards.
- Support the introduction of new products from R&D into manufacturing, including cell-layouts, programming and test rigs, process-flows & product launches / NPIs / ECN release / BOM Controls
- Investigate defect units and perform initial hardware checks to establish root cause of failure
- Assisting manufacturing team in troubleshooting test and programming rigs
- Management and resolution of product or process non-conformances – to include implementing suitable corrective and preventative actions
- Management of Customer Concern database and cases – to include investigation and resolution of reported product related Customer quality concerns and implementing changes to Manufacturing when necessary.
- Analysis and reporting of process performance and product quality levels
- Maintenance and reporting of KPIs
- Provision of training to Group personnel
- Help co-ordinate continuous improvement activities (Kaizen / Lean Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing)
- Help co-ordinate opportunity walks to reduce costs through waste elimination
- Degree in Electronics or similar discipline and / or experience
- Extensive experience of gaining product approvals/certifications in the UK
- Experience of Safety, EMC, Radio and environmental testing
- Experience of VCA product approval process
- Experience of CE marking scheme
- Experience of New Product Introductions and Engineering Change management
- Competence in MS Office suite of tools
- Excellent team working skills both with internal customers and external customers and suppliers.
- Strong understanding of VCA based product approval process
- Ability to develop test plans for product testing
- Ability to travel frequently and extensively to include but not limited to Taiwan, China, Australia, Europe for product approval activities
- A good understanding of product manufacturing process
- Good people skills
- Independent, confident and self-motivated
- Computer literate
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrates leadership skills
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of telematics
- Knowledge of IOT technologies
- Knowledge of Bluetooth technologies
- Knowledge of WEEE, REACH, RoHS and similar regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of BLE & IOT (Cellular) technologies
This role requires screening in the below areas:
- 2 years of satisfactory Employment/Education References
Applicants should be enthusiastic, determined and team players. Please complete the form below, or send your letter of application with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Trakm8 Limited, 4 Roman Park, Roman Way, Coleshill, Birmingham, West Midlands, B46 1HG