Coleshill, Birmingham (Head Office)
25 Days Holiday, Pension, Life Assurance
Headquartered in Coleshill, West Midlands with a full manufacturing facility Trakm8 is a UK based technology leader in fleet management, insurance telematics, optimisation and dashboard camera systems. Through IP owned technology, the Group analyses data collected by its installed base of telematics units to fine tune the algorithms that are used to produce its telematics based solutions; these score driver behavior, monitor vehicle health and continuously improve the security and operational efficiency of both private drivers and company fleets.Trakm8 has been listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange since 2005 and we now have an exciting opportunity for a Service Delivery Engineer to join our team.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective provision of IT Service to the Trakm8 business.
- Maintaining the uptime and performance of the Trakm8 telemetry ingest system.
- Hands-on design, build and troubleshooting of a Server Infrastructure environment (Linux Servers / Web Servers / Application Servers / Database / Storage / Networking).
- Balance incident and project-based work to improve the Trakm8 systems and services
- Fault finding and troubleshooting of issues across servers, databases, networks application deployments.
- Principle focus is the ongoing maintenance of the Production, QA and Development systems that make up the Service Delivery platforms.
- Take part in the 24×7 on-call rota and able to work flexibly according to the needs of the business.
- Provide clear and concise documentation of existing and new solutions.
Skills / Experience / Competency Required:
- Production/enterprise grade Linux administration experience using a mainstream Linux distribution e.g. CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Strong and methodical troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive experience Production/enterprise grade Linux administration (Centos).
- Kubernetes implementation and management.
- AWS and VMware implementation and management.
- Network, Systems and SAN management with security focus.
- Automated Monitoring, Ansible and Scripting Knowledge – Icinga, Perl, Python, Bash.
- Kubernetes and Ansible automation experience desirable.
- Datacentre experience (security, storage and networking)
- VMware and Amazon AWS
- The ideal candidate will have a previous background in Service Delivery, Linux Administration, Infrastructure Operations Engineering or similar.
This role requires screening in the below areas:
- 2 years of satisfactory Employment/Education References
- Pre-Employment Credit Check
- Basic Disclosure
Applicants should be enthusiastic, determined and team players. Please complete the form below, or send your letter of application with your CV to: email@example.com or by post to: Trakm8 Limited, 4 Roman Park, Roman Way, Coleshill, Birmingham, West Midlands, B46 1HG