Trakm8 PLC is an AIM listed company providing market leading Fleet Management, Telematics Insurance, Optimisation and Automotive solutions. Our customers range from corporate fleets to small businesses that all benefit from improved operational efficiency, driver safety and fuel economy from utilising our products and services.
Trakm8 are the cutting edge of the Telematics insights industry, integrating bespoke hardware, firmware and server solutions with ASPs, Developers and Integrators globally. The products and services we offer are all developed from our commitment to exploiting Big Data to improve driver behaviour both for fuel economy and risk reductions, as well as driving service and repair quality commitments for a wide range of industries.
Trakm8 have a huge in-house Engineering team and offer to all employees varied and interesting work with the opportunity to build long term careers within the organisation. As well as the Engineering team, we have in house Human Resources, Marketing, Sales, Customer Support and Manufacturing all with a mixture of roles from entry level to management.
The company is expanding rapidly, and so this page is updated regularly. However if you don’t see something that fits, please send your CV and you will be contacted if anything changes.
Salary and Benefits:
£60k - £70K plus benefits (25 days holiday, Pension and Life Assurance)
Trakm8 Holdings Group PLC is a market leader in the fast growing vehicle telematics market sector. Based in Dorset and other UK locations but with a global marketplace Trakm8 is well placed to take advantage of current market opportunities. Increased fuel costs, reduction in operating costs and numerous employment laws such as Duty of Care are all driving increased interest in our products and services. Due to expansion we are now looking for a Technical Architect to join our development team in Coleshill.
- Capture and define system requirements
- Creating overall systems architectures
- Develop prototype and proof of concept demonstrators
- Work closely with development teams, project managers and business analysts
- Champion the use of sound architectural principles
- Act as an advisor on architectural issues during the delivery of solutions
- Problem Solver
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear an understandable way
- Experience working with multiple technologies
- Prepared to develop in any technology / language and learn on the job
- Experience of architecture design
- Experience of cloud computing
- Amazon Web Services
- Systems /Database Administration
- MySQL, Time Series / NoSQL technologies
- Development languages including: C/C++, Python, NodeJS and PHP
Midlands based + travel
Salary and Benefits:
£30k - £35K plus benefits (25 days holiday, Pension and Life Assurance)
Trakm8 Holdings Group PLC is a market leader in the fast growing vehicle telematics market sector. Based in Dorset and other UK locations but with a global marketplace Trakm8 is well placed to take advantage of current market opportunities. Increased fuel costs, reduction in operating costs and numerous employment laws such as Duty of Care are all driving increased interest in our products and services. Due to expansion we now require an applications engineer to be based from our Coleshill office near Birmingham – the role will require significant client related travel.
- Delivery of Customer telematics solutions
- Development and delivery of solution plans
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful technical and commercial project delivery
- Working with core engineering teams to specify, test and deliver new hardware and software features
- Working with Customer Service Team to ensure vehicle installations are delivered to specification at the right time
- Development of vehicle installation documentation
- Provide sales support and expert technical assistance pre/post sale at client sites
- 2nd line technical support for Customer queries
We are looking for candidates from electronics (ideally automotive electronics) or automotive engineering background. You may already be an applications engineer or alternatively you may be interested in using your technical knowledge in a customer facing environment. We would also consider recent graduates with a relevant degree (Electronics/Automotive related). Experience of automotive protocols such as CAN Bus and vehicle electrical systems are of particular interest as are good diagnostic/fault finding skills. Nice to haves include knowledge of automotive accessory installations (in particular Telematics products), project management skills (to manage trials/rollouts/upgrades) and vehicle electrical architectures. The role is very client facing so you will need excellent stakeholder management skills and you will also need to be willing to travel on a regular basis.
- Experience in delivering complete telematics solutions
- Strong GSM, GPS skills
- Detailed knowledge of FMS, ISO15765 and manufacturer specific diagnostic protocols
Salary and Benefits:
£30K - £40K plus benefits (25 days holiday, Pension and Life Assurance)
Trakm8 Holdings Group PLC is a market leader in the fast growing vehicle telematics market sector.
Based in Dorset and other UK locations but with a global marketplace Trakm8 is well placed to take advantage of current market opportunities. Increased fuel costs, reduction in operating costs and numerous employment laws such as Duty of Care are all driving increased interest in our products and services. Due to steady growth we are now looking for a fantastic Systems Test Engineer to join our engineering team in Shaftesbury.
- Assist Systems Test Engineering Manager in establishing and maintaining formal QMS process documents and associated records
- Assist Systems Test Engineering Manager in creating and maintaining departmental ‘systems’ and records
- System level testing of company hardware, firmware and software products throughout the SDLC to include functional, load and performance testing
- Input to project management process regarding estimates to complete; potential risks and opportunities; project issues; and reporting of progress/completion
- Planning and production of test specifications, test cases and test data relating to company products and services against product requirements for new features
- Production of regression tests against existing product requirements, including the production of automated tests
- Testing of ‘fixed’ product issues
- Production of system acceptance tests and associated data as required
- Providing support to the development team through early system testing during development lifecycle
- Providing support to customer services team as necessary to resolve customer issues
- Provision of internal product training to team members as required
- Knowledge of standard industry processes and approaches to software, firmware and hardware testing
- Knowledge and experience of standard industry processes and approaches to configuration management of test documentation, test equipment/platforms and test data
- Experience of hardware, software and firmware testing, including production of formal test. documentation and maintenance of necessary records
- Experience of web-based testing including functional, performance, load and security testing
- Experience of Windows based application testing
- Formal qualifications in a computer science subject, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Excellent technical skills
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a willingness to learn new systems
- Knowledge of Serial communications and associated test tools
- Knowledge of a variety of data formats (ASCII, Hex, and Binary)
- Familiarity with Bug logging processes (Bugzilla or similar)
- Knowledge and experience of MS Windows and/or Linux
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
This role would suite candidates with previous background as a Systems Test Engineer, Lead Test Engineer or Senior Systems Test Engineer.
Applicants should be enthusiastic, determined and team players. Please send your letters of application with your curriculum vitae by post: Trakm8 Limited, Roman Way, Roman Park, Coleshill, B46 1HG or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org